My nomination was given by the lovely Melissa of Joy, Faith, and Dirt. Melissa is a creative wife and mother who seems to really enjoy any sort of writing. Whether it is writing a book or journaling she adores every minute of it. I wanted to make sure I really took the time to get to know her and read her blog before thanking her. She had such kind and gracious words about my own and I want to return the favor. Taking the time to read anyone’s blog, in my mind, is a real compliment to any writer. Something I already love about Melissa is her Godly mindset. On her ‘About’ page Melissa wrote, “One thing has been common throughout all of my writing: God. He’s pretty much been the constant in most if not all of my writings. I figure, if that is my passion – if that is my real interest – then it’s what I’m meant to write. And I’m happy to do it.” I LOVE THAT. I really loved a blog she wrote called “Humility? No, Thank You!” It may or may not be partially because she features a quote by my favorite author, C.S. Lewis. ;) So, Melissa, if you knew each other in real life I think we’d totally be friends. Thank you so much for my nomination. It was a lovely surprise!
All in all, I really enjoyed browsing Melissa blog! I am definitely going to be checking in with her often. If you have a moment, go give her a read!
You can read my Random Facts HERE and my answers to Melissa’s questions HERE.
I wanted to choose a variety of different types blogs that I think deserve a lot of credit for their great insights and creative expression through the art of writing.
1. Meghan of "Musings from Meg"
This blog is "The adventures, life lessons and opportunities of 20s something pre-kindergarten teacher/after school assistant living off the truth of Romans 8:28." Not only is this woman one of my close personal friends, but she is a great writer. This blog is filled with a teacher's heart, a nerd's excitement, and a wonderfully intelligent young woman's desire to pursue Christ.
2. Stephanie of "Just Another Crazy Day"
This gal is some beautiful cross-over between Princess Leia and Wonder Woman. She's strong, independent, and not afraid to take on the tough issues. I adore reading her heart and passions on this great blog. Stephanie writes that "The beauty of the craziness of life is that it makes even the small moments worthwhile, and every experience is a chance to laugh and learn."
3. Salyna of "Kissed Books"
I love Salyna's precious book blog. Her main focus of novels is on clean Christian historical fiction (one of my favorite genres). Salyna reviews books, but also discusses shows and movies she enjoys (many of which we have in common)! She's just pretty much an all around cool gal.
4. Andrew of "Bradford Productions"
This guy is one of my heroes. Andrew is an aspiring filmmaker who has taken a risk in pursuing his dream in what many would consider an unconventional way. Also, this is a guy whose English teachers told him he'd never be a good writer, I'm so inspired by his motivation to prove them wrong and continue writing. If you check out his blog then you definitely need to check out some of his cinematography!
I'LL ADD MORE AT A LATER DATE :D
Here are the rules of the Liebster Blog Award!
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions posted by your presenter.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award (and have a smaller following).
- Ask your nominees to answer 11 questions.
My 11 Questions For My Nominees
- What is your definition of a perfect day?
- What would you consider the main inspiration behind your blog?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
- What’s your favorite joke?
- What’s the best decision you ever made?
- If you knew you would die tomorrow, how would you live your last day?
- What’s one of your favorite questions for people to ask you to get a conversation going?
- What is the strangest experience you've ever had?
- What have you learned today?
- Who in your life has influenced you the most? How did they do it?