"Do you trust me?"
"Then why do you become fearful and frustrated at my timing?"
"... ummm ... because I am human?"
"Because of that, yes. But also, because you doubt my willingness to bless your life."
"Oh... well... yeah, that's true... but... I don't want to feel that way."
"Then you must trust me and obey. Believe in my promises."
"You know what else, God?"
"What, my child?"
"I haven't been very devoted to sitting down, being still, and focusing on your recently."
"That's probably why I am so fearful."
"I don't know how to force myself to."
"You do, child."
"You're right, I do. I need to make you and seeking you a priority. I guess... I'm a sort of on again off again type of person."
"No, child. You only make choices that set you up to live like that. You are not, however."
"The choices you make, they orchestrate the things you convince yourself must be your natural tendencies. It is only that repeated action that continues to make it truth."
"I haven't really thought of it that way."
"You have, child."
"No fooling you, Lord. I know it's my choices, but I also know my will is weak."
"It is. So depend on me child. I AM strong, and you are mine."
"Sometimes I don't feel good enough to be yours."
"It is true that you were not once, my child. But I made a way. Your sinfulness, the darkness that threatened to swallow you up, the evil that separated you from me ... IT IS FINISHED. Nothing and no one can take you from me. You are mine."
"Thank you, Lord."
"Always, child. You are mine always. Now, I need you to live like you believe that. Trust my timing. It is created with a future in mind that you cannot see. Trust my love. It is fulfilled by a past you cannot comprehend. Trust my strength. It is overflowing with power beyond any which you could ever imagine. I love you, child. Live in that promise and know that you are mine."
- Isaiah 40:29 - He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
- Acts 1:7 - He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority."
- Ecclesiastes 3:11 - He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
- Psalm 100:3 - Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
- 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 - And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
- John 10:28 - I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.